The German department of the Iran Language Institute for Adults offers various courses at levels A1 to C1. All courses comply with the Common European Reference Levels (CEFR).
The educational levels of the German department include 17 levels as follows:
Types of Courses
Courses are offered as “regular”, “special”, “intensive” or “super-intensive”.
• The regular course is held two days a week (3 hours per week). The length of a term of two and a half months is equal to 30 hours.
• Special courses are held one day a week (3 hours). The length of a term of two and a half months is equal to 30 hours.
• Intensive courses are held two days a week (6 hours a week, 3 hours a day). The length of a term of two and a half months is equal to 60 hours.
• Courses for A1, A2, B1 and B2 designed to be super-intensive and are held three days a week (12 hours per week). In each course, three educational levels are completed.
A1 (GA1 – GA3) A2 (GA4 – GA6)
B1 (GA7 – GA9) B2 (MA3 – MA5)
International exam preparation course
• A1 International Exam Preparation Course is held in 10 hours in a super-intensive manner.
• B1 International Exam Preparation Course is held in 10 hours in a super-intensive manner.
• International B2 Exam Preparation Course is held in 10 hours in a super-intensive manner.
Applicants familiar with the German language can take the German proficiency test by taking the test. The placement test includes: written and oral exam are graded according to different levels. This test will only be a brief assessment of the learner’s abilities, because it does not include listening and writing skills.
Capacity of classes
Class capacity is 10 to 18 learners at the introductory level and 10 to 14 learners at the intermediate and advanced levels. The capacity of semi-private classes is at least 4 people.
The minimum age for adult candidates is 14 years, which is either graded according to the placement test or they start from the first grade, i.e. from GA1. Applicants should refer to the Iran Language Institute to get the registration form, and those who want to pass the placement exam will take the exam on the day mentioned by the experts of the education department of each center and will register after receiving the exam result. Other applicants who do not take the placement test will register on the day mentioned.
Continuous evaluation of class activities 80% + final exam 20% = final score
At the end of each level, students take an online written test that includes 25 test questions (5 comprehension questions, 20 grammar and vocabulary questions). Acceptance score at the end of the term is at least 70 out of 100. Oral skills are also tested at GA6, GA9 and MA5 levels.
Students can apply for a certificate at the end of each course (A1, A2, B1, B2 and C1).
Teaching Materials and training aids
- Schritte Book Volumes 1 and 2 for level A1
Schritte Book Volumes 3 and 4 for A2 level
Schritte Book Volumes 5 and 6 for Level B1
- Aspekte Book Volume 1 for B1⁺ level
Aspekte Book Volume 2 for Level B2
Aspekte Book Volume 3 for Level C1
- Educational book for GA1-GA3 levels
- Educational book for GA4-GA6 levels
Glossary for GA1-GA3 levels
Glossary for GA4-GA6 levels
- Leseclub (Multimedia / Basic Levels)
- Das Glückskind (Multimedia - Intermediate and Advanced Levels)
- Alltag in Deutschland (books and tapes to improve speaking and conversation skills)
- zbungen zur neuen Rechtschreibung (spelling and writing)
- Erzählungen aus dem Golestan (including four stories of Golestan Sa’adi with practice)
The above-mentioned products are offered in the ILI stores in order to improve the quality of education and meet the needs and requests of language learners.
The method of teaching German in the Iran Language Institute is an interactive and language-based method in which all language skills are addressed. The main purpose of this teaching method is for students to learn practical German. In this method, the learner is expected to actively participate in language learning.
German Department Centers
- Jam: Motahhari St., Fajr St. (Jam), No. 33
- Shahid Beheshti: Shariati St., above Sadr Bridge, after Daad Alley, next to Bonyad Shahid Building, No. 1723
- Meshkat: Azadi Square, next to Ekbatan, Shahid Amouian Street, No. 5
- Vesal: Enghelab St., Vesal Shirazi St., No. 33
Imam Khomeini Street, Aabi Mosque, in front of the Silk Commercial Complex
Sa’at Square, next to Pasargad Bank, Alavi building
No. 33, Chaharbagh St., Nikbakht St., Edalat
Azadi Square, University Blvd., Moazen Safaei Alley, No. 12
Crossroads of the Faculty of Southern Agriculture, in front of Amirkabir Public Library, Kayhan Alley
University Street, University Street 25 (West Golestan), No. 351
Takhti Street, Manuel 2 store
Pasdaran Street, Children’s Park, Kanoon building
Bouali Tomb, Madani Boulevard, Farvardin 15 Boulevard, Zandiha Alley